How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Mo Your Own Question
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 1157
Experience:  Urgent Care Physician
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. Mo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was diagnosed with job 20 yrs ago. I know I need to get

Customer Question

I was diagnosed with job 20 yrs ago. I know I need to get regular pap smears but since my son was born 24 yrs ago I can not get through any pap or exam. It is excruciatingly painful. Now I'm having vagina pelvic and back pain. My Dr. Sent me to a Gyno but he just demanded I get the pap done. I'm just wondering how can I get a Dr to give me a pap under general anaesthesia? I've read that other very nervous or anxious woman have been able to do it under mild sedation. In terrified because I'm having usual symptoms and need to find out why. Please help me
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: No injuries....I was fine getting pap smears before my son was born so it doesn't make sense. Unable to to have penetrative sex as well
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

There are better ways than general anesthesia.

We sometimes give our patients Valium or do conscious sedation so our patients don't feel anything and don't even recall the entire process.

You can ask most competent Gynecologists and they should have access to someone who will come and do in-office conscious sedation.

If not, you can find your own and ask your doctor if it's okay (almost always is).

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok that would solve my problems but my current Dr. And the gynecologist ate acting like its out of the question...not to mention I've tried with several other Drs. And nurses.
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry but it seems that your doctors aren't very compassionate.

The irony is that even my dentist offers me full sedation and let's face it, going to the dentist is NOT as bad as having a pelvic exam done.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm just glad to know some sedation i just want this resolved. Made appointment to go back to my regular Dr.and see where to go from here
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

I hope they will accommodate you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
God..I wish u were my Dr. God bless you. Your compassion is refreshing thank u very much
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.


I'm glad I could help.

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

Please click on "Rating" when ready.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

If you don't have further questions, please click on "Rating".