OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I received my results for urine test. Complete Urinalysis…

Customer Question
Hello. I received my...

Hello. I received my results for urine test. Complete Urinalysis results: Color yellow, appearance Sl hazy, Blood 10 RBC/ul, protein negative , leukocytes 25 WBC/ul. UA Microscopic results: UWBC 0-2 value, URBC none seen. SQ epithelial celles 2-5 value. Seeing a urologist in three weeks and worried

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Good. This was a routine physical. No known diseases.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/7/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your test results. Now your test results indicate that you have red blood cells and white blood cells in your urine which can be due to a number of conditions. However the most common cause for these to be present in your urine is that you could have a urinary tract infection or even a bladder infection which is causing the problem. In many patients a urinary tract infection may not cause any symptoms whatsoever and in that case, a urine culture would be able to definitively diagnose the problem. At the same time you can be started on antibiotics pending the culture results if a UTI is suspected based on the results as well as any clinical examination findings.

Another cause of the presence of WBCs and RBCs in the urine could be a condition like interstitial cystitis which is a condition in which the lining of the bladder is inflamed. This can be diagnosed on the basis of a scope put down into your bladder. The treatment can be with various medications.

But as i said in most cases this turns out to be an infection which can be treated quite easily with antibiotics.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor