DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I have a iud and for about a year i did not get my period

Customer Question

hi, so i have a iud and for about a year i did not get my period then a few months ago i had a period for two months in a row and sometimes i get weird cramping which was not at the same time as the period
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: but what i am wondering is, i am seeing 2 guys right now and one of them came inside me and since i dont get a regular period how would i be able to check if i were pregnant, like even the slightest chance, because pregnancy tests say to do it around the period
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: not that i can think of no and no pain
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 month ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 month ago.

OK, the answer is very simple.

If you are concerned, have your doctor run a blood test called beta HCG.

This will positive way before you have your period, once you are actually pregnant.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually at the top of the page]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed