OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Ello My girlfriend took a pregnancy test this past Sunday.

Customer Question
ello Goodmorning,My girlfriend took a...
ello Goodmorning,My girlfriend took a pregnancy test this past Sunday. The test came back negative. She normally has a 30-35 day cycle however last month she had a 40 day cycle and this month she's at 39 days one day away from 40. She's 9 days late and she still hasn't had her period. She said she's been nauseous after she eats and had spotting a day after I had fingered her basically here's a run down of what happen and why she thinks she might be pregnant:
1. Me and my girlfriend where fooling around she was naked and I was half naked from the waist down anyways I had a condom on and was rubbing my penis on top of her vagina. However the condom was slipping off soIhad to stop and readjust it. It wasn't off it just went halfway down. Is there a chance she's pregnant. Also after this I came inside the condom and quickly came to the restroom and took it off and washed my penis. Anyways she wanted to go a second time but this time I had my shorts and underwear on and she was naked is there any chance she could be pregnant?
2. On Friday me and my girlfriend where fooling around. I touch the tip of my penis wiping off pre cum from it anyways I rub it on the blankets and kept kissing my girlfriend. One thing lead to another and I ended up fingering her. Is there any chance she could be pregnant. There was a 5 mins gap between me wiping it off and fingering her. Also her period should be coming 4 days from then considering she has a 30 day cycle would that affect it in anyway
3. Also my girlfriend last month was due to get her period on July 18-19 but had a 40 day cycle so she ended up getting it on the 29th of July and her period lasted 7 days. However this month she hasn't gotten it and she normally has a 30-35 day cycle should I worry about her being pregnant?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/7/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you.

I'm sorry you are concerned about your girlfriend being pregnant.

The odds are very much against her getting pregnant, from your description. The chances of pregnancy from pre-cum is almost zero. May I suggest she take another pregnancy test in 5 days. Also, she may want to visit her GYN for medication to help her get more regular periods.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Any additional thoughts, questions?

Well she's stressing out and panicking and is worried she pregnant. She cried yesterday telling me that after I had fingered her she was spotting the two days after I did that and then she said she's been feeling nauseous after she eats so she thinks she is pregnant and having symptoms

Try to reassure her that her chances of being pregnant are extremely low and that she will know in a few more days after taking another home pregnancy test.

How is your girlfriend feeling?

She still worrying about her period she hasn't gotten it yet and is feeling hormonal. Can she be pregnant

Have her take another pregnancy test today. If negative, which it most likely will be, then she needs to see her doctor for medication to bring on her period. Then she needs medication, birth control pills, to help regulate her periods.

Did your girlfriend take another pregnancy test? What are the results.

It came back negative that's her second test and she still hasn't gotten her period to this day. She's also breaking out on her face
Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor