DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I'm concerned about these new ulcers on my vagina, They just

Customer Question

I'm concerned about these new ulcers on my vagina
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: They just popped up two days ago out of nowhere. It was shortly after I shaved and then had intercourse. My health has been good. I'm in a new relationship, but we have been consistently sexually active for about 2 months now with no signs of std's
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No. I just had a routine std check a couple months ago, and was completely clean. He doesn't show any signs of anything on his penis
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 month ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 month ago.

Please attach a picture

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did the pic send?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 month ago.

Are these painful and did they start as clear blisters?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No phone calls. Just message
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Only painful with touch. It started like a somewhat ulcer. Similar to what I've had in the past when I had an ingrown hair that I tried shaving over. But then the other small blisters showed up.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 month ago.

Folliculitis or herpes.

One is infection of hair follicles.

The other is viral and contagious.

Go to your doctor tomorrow or urgent care for a lab test.

If folliculitis, prescription antibiotic cream is required.

If herpes, acyclovir.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually at the top of the page]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I already knew this much. I was hoping for more than a basic response. I'm an RN and am very aware of these diagnoses. I am not too familiar with what heroes looks like in person, which is what I was needing your help with
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have other pics if that will help...
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This was yesterday
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 month ago.

This is fine.

This can be herpetic, but it would be at the late stage of the outbreak [remember that we do NOT diagnose on line, but can go over possibilities].

The second picture looks more herpetic.

So I would be concerned.

I would have this swabbed before it goes away, and have an antibody blood test as well.

please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually at the top of the page]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up