OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I'm concerned about these new ulcers on my vagina, They just…

Customer Question
I'm concerned about these...

I'm concerned about these new ulcers on my vagina

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

They just popped up two days ago out of nowhere. It was shortly after I shaved and then had intercourse. My health has been good. I'm in a new relationship, but we have been consistently sexually active for about 2 months now with no signs of std's

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. I just had a routine std check a couple months ago, and was completely clean. He doesn't show any signs of anything on his penis

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/6/2017
OB GYN Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Please attach a picture

Did the pic send?

Are these painful and did they start as clear blisters?

No phone calls. Just message
Only painful with touch. It started like a somewhat ulcer. Similar to what I've had in the past when I had an ingrown hair that I tried shaving over. But then the other small blisters showed up.

Folliculitis or herpes.

One is infection of hair follicles.

The other is viral and contagious.

Go to your doctor tomorrow or urgent care for a lab test.

If folliculitis, prescription antibiotic cream is required.

If herpes, acyclovir.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually at the top of the page]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up

I already knew this much. I was hoping for more than a basic response. I'm an RN and am very aware of these diagnoses. I am not too familiar with what heroes looks like in person, which is what I was needing your help with
I have other pics if that will help...
This was yesterday

This is fine.

This can be herpetic, but it would be at the late stage of the outbreak [remember that we do NOT diagnose on line, but can go over possibilities].

The second picture looks more herpetic.

So I would be concerned.

I would have this swabbed before it goes away, and have an antibody blood test as well.

please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually at the top of the page]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up