OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

My girlfriend took a pregnancy test this past Sunday. The

Hello Goodmorning,My girlfriend took a...
Hello Goodmorning,My girlfriend took a pregnancy test this past Sunday. The test came back negative. However she's 8 days late and she still hasn't had her period. She said she's been nauseous after she eats and had spotting a day after I had fingered her basically here's a rundown of what happen and why she thinks she might be pregnant:
1. Me and my girlfriend where fooling around she was naked and I was half naked from the waist down anyways I had a condom on and was rubbing my penis on top of her vagina. However the condom was slipping off soIhad to stop and readjust it. It wasn't off it just went halfway down. Is there a chance she's pregnant. Also after this I came inside the condom and quickly came to the restroom and took it off and washed my penis. Anyways she wanted to go a second time but this time I had my shorts and underwear on and she was naked is there any chance she could be pregnant?
2. On Friday me and my girlfriend where fooling around. I touch the tip of my penis wiping off pre cum from it anyways I rub it on the blankets and kept kissing my girlfriend. One thing lead to another and I ended up fingering her. Is there any chance she could be pregnant. There was a 5 mins gap between me wiping it off and fingering her. Also her period should be coming 4 days from then considering she has a 30 day cycle would that affect it in anyway
3. Also my girlfriend last month was due to get her period on July 18-19 but had a 40 day cycle so she ended up getting it on the 29th of July and her period lasted 7 days. However this month she hasn't gotten it and she normally has a 30-35 day cycle should I worry about her being pregnant?
9/6/2017

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

No chance of pregnancy is not likely as you never had any intercourse and ejaculated in her vagina.

The delay in pregnancy is likely due to; Prolonged period cycle as the last time.

Apart from pregnancy there are other causes of missed or delayed periods;

1) Ovarian hormone dysfunctions

2) Thyroid hormone abnormalities

3) Stress, anxiety, emotional disorders

4) Sudden weight loss or gain

5) Excessive physical activity

6) Hyperprolactinemia

Read the resource under the heading secondary amenorrhea;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/amenorrhea/DS00581/DSECTION=causes

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

I shouldn't have to worry about anything what if she wants retest

You should not worry about the pregnancy.

Let her do the pregnancy test if she wants, no worry on this count, too.

It is privilege assisting you.

Great

You are most welcome.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor