OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

My girlfriend took a pregnancy test this past Sunday. The

Customer Question
Hello Goodmorning,My girlfriend took a...
Hello Goodmorning,My girlfriend took a pregnancy test this past Sunday. The test came back negative. However she's 8 days late and she still hasn't had her period. She said she's been nauseous after she eats and had spotting a day after I had fingered her basically here's a run down of what happen and why she thinks she might be pregnant:
1. Me and my girlfriend where fooling around she was naked and I was half naked from the waist down anyways I had a condom on and was rubbing my penis on top of her vagina. However the condom was slipping off soIhad to stop and readjust it. It wasn't off it just went halfway down. Is there a chance she's pregnant. Also after this I came inside the condom and quickly came to the restroom and took it off and washed my penis. Anyways she wanted to go a second time but this time I had my shorts and underwear on and she was naked is there any chance she could be pregnant?
2. On Friday me and my girlfriend where fooling around. I touch the tip of my penis wiping off pre cum from it anyways I rub it on the blankets and kept kissing my girlfriend. One thing lead to another and I ended up fingering her. Is there any chance she could be pregnant. There was a 5 mins gap between me wiping it off and fingering her. Also her period should be coming 4 days from then considering she has a 30 day cycle would that affect it in anyway
3. Also my girlfriend last month was due to get her period on July 18-19 but had a 40 day cycle so she ended up getting it on the 29th of July and her period lasted 7 days. However this month she hasn't gotten it and she normally has a 30-35 day cycle should I worry about her being pregnant?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/6/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr Anil Kumar

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,chances of pregnancy with such two incidents are negligible.

And I really assure you again that you needn't to worry about pregnancy as there was no unprotected sex in both incidents.

Her delayed period can be associated with hormonal imbalance,PCOS.

So she should see her gynecologist and get medication to induce period and undergo ultrasound,female hormone panel for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

What if she took the test and it came back negative should she take another? And why does she have those symptoms? The spotting after fingering and the nausea after eating

Thanks for the follow-up.

Spotting after fingering could be due to localized trauma to the vaginal walls.

Nausea after eating doesn't itself confirm pregnancy. Gastroesophageal acid reflux can be other possible cause.

She can do repeat urine pregnancy test with morning urine sample for a precautionary measure.
Still chances are less.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Yeah she took a test Sunday and it was met with negative results. However she's still panicking saying that these test aren't accurate at all. And is worried should I let her retest or should I not

Yes you should let her retest for a peace of mind.

And if it'll be negative then make an appointment with gynecologist for further evaluation and management.

Still chances of pregnancy are very less.

Hope this helps.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

there's no reason at all I should worry the that the test will return positive

Yes,there is no need to worry.

I recommend testing only for a precautionary measure and peace of mind.

She should be relaxed after getting negative repeat testing

Hope this helps.

Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor