OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

This is embarrassing, but I popped a boil or ingrown hair on…

Customer Question
This is embarrassing, but...

This is embarrassing, but I popped a boil or ingrown hair on my labia with a needle (about 30 hours ago) because it was hurting very badly. Now I suspect it is infected and am terrified that it could be staph. It is very red, there is pus, and very much still an open wound and is very tender. I have had a low grade fever between 99.2 and 99.8. I need to know if this could be an emergency.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I have had the pain for about 12 hours. I have put anti bacterial gel on it as well as tea tree oil. If I touch it or wipe is gets worse.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/6/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr Anil Kumar

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Are you taking any medications?

Any medical history?

History of Diabetes?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.