OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My vagina is burning and itching much like a yeast

My vagina is burning...

My vagina is burning and itching much like a yeast infection. I was bathing and trying to clean the area well when I noticed the inside felt differently. It used to be smooth. Now it's rough. I had unprotected sex 2 weeks ago. He said he was clean but I know people can lie 🙄 I'm stupid. Should I be worried

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

Just the burning inside not when peeing. It started this afternoon

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/2/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

Burning sensation & itching of vagina is not a disease.It is a symptom of an underlying disease.

Its most common causes are bacterial vaginosis,yeast infections,trichomoniasis and chlamydia infection.

Non infectious causes like hard sexual intercourse,vaginal dryness,hormonal changes,vaginal sprays, douches,soaps, detergents, or fabric softeners.

As you had unprotected sex 2 weeks ago & considering your symptoms now-yeast infection seems to be the most probable cause of your symptoms.

Following is recommended for you now:

· Apply ointment monistat vaginal cream.It is a broad spectrum anti-fungal agent.It is available as over the counter without prescription & will help you greatly.

· Probiotics are one of the most important parts of a Candida albicans/yeast infection cure..There are many brands of probiotics easily available as over the counter at your pharmacy.

If still after this the symptoms persists,then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral antifungal medication like fluconazole (diflucan) or Itraconazole (sporanox) will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit & prescription medications are less likely required.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

I also had protected sex 2 days ago. You're saying that the change in texture of the inside of my vagina is normal?

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

As you also had protected sex 2 days ago-the change in texture of vagina from inside can be due to friction from intercourse.This can cause burning sensation inside.

As of now-this does not seem to be due to any STD.

Friction from sexual intercourse may cause rough feeling inside vagina & yeast infection is a typical cause of this.

So please apply monistat cream as described above & this will cure the infection & hence the symptoms of burning & itching of vagina.

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today,

we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor