OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I am very worried and am seeking a second opinion. I am 8

Hi Doctor. I am very...
Hi Doctor. I am very worried and am seeking a second opinion. I am 8 weeks 5 days pregnant LMP. My last period was June 30 and I am 40 years of age. My HCG levels on Monday of this week were 19 932 with a progesterone reading of 42.4. I have been told this HCG number is ***** great considering how far along I am. A fetal heart beat was picked up on ultrasound on the 23rd of this month at 125 beats per minute, I was told ' slow but strong'. I am deeply concerned about miscarriage and can't sleep. The HCG numbers on the internet are confusing at best. I don't know what to believe. Can you help me? Thankyou from Jayne in Australia.
8/30/2017
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

You are in the normal range for HCG for gestational age.

The normal range is 7650 to 229,000

there is a wide variation

May I ask your opinion on the heart beat Doctor? Does 125 beats at 7 weeks 5 days seem acceptable? Thankyou from Jayne.

Yes, that is acceptable!

Don't worry too much Jayne

These are all good signs!

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Thanks Doctor, I'll put my mind at ease. Thankyou for your input and I appreciate your time.
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor