OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have started my period and I am going on my anniversary…

I have started my period...
I have started my period and I am going on my anniversary trip tomorrow. I have Provera 10mg on hand, can I take these to stop my period?
8/23/2017
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Provera can delay your period most effectively when it is taken atleast 3 days before starting the period as it takes sometimes to build up the hormone in your blood however you can still take it but it might not be that effective.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

it is possible that is may not stop it at all?

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, that is right .

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

I started my period today, does the time started not matter much either?

Thanks for the reply.

Once you started bleeding it usually does not matter but still it can shorten the length.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor