OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have this rash near my anus I've had it before. Should I…

I have this rash near...
I have this rash near my anus I've had it before. Should I be worried I have a pic
8/23/2017
Dr Anil Kumar

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Associated itching,pain,burning sensation at anal opening?

Do you have blood in stools?

Hard stools/constipation?

Pain during bowel movement?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Any medical history?

Are you taking any medications?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

Started hurting this morning thought maybe I cut it the toilet paper or something but just checked and it looks like that now and this has happened before no itching or anything like that it's just a little pain like when I sit on it
I just finished ciproflaxin an antibiotic. No hard stools or.blood in stools. Really soft stools that were sometimes I have to push

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

I have reviewed your picture.

Well as you describe,it sounds anal fissure and friction induced bumps.

You can try OTC cream or suppository containing hydrocortisone and use pads containing witch hazel or a topical numbing agent.

Apply OTC Bacitracin ointment on affected area twice a day.
Use a sitz bath with warm water.
Keep yourself hydrated with plenty of fluids and eat fibre rich diet and take metamucil .
Avoid alcohol, spicy food, fat rich food.
Avoid straining during Bowel movement.
Avoid long periods of sitting.
Even sitting too long, particularly on the toilet, can increase the pressure on the veins in the anus.
Do regular exercises.
Take OTC Motrin and Claritin for few days.

If your symptoms'll persist then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

Use a moist toilet paper for wiping.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

This is how far away it is from the anus could still be what you're saying? I was thinking there is a lot of hair down there could it be from a infected ingrown hair?
Does this look like a rash you get with a disease?
What are these bumps?

History of unprotected sex,anal sex?

Are they very painful?

Excessive sweating?

Tight fitted clothes?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

to unprotected sex. Yes my clothes sometimes are tight, my jeans are tight. not very painful and no excessive sweating
7 months ago unprotected sex.

Thanks for providing additional information.

I have reviewed your picture again.

And these are friction induced blisters/folliculitis,anal warts.

I would recommend to start such self care measures as we have discussed earlier which provide you relief.

If your symptoms'll persist then see a clinical examination for doctor or proctologist for further evaluation and management.

Avoid tight fitted clothes.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

How and y do i get these friction induced blisters/folliculitis,anal? Not from a disease ?

Thanks for the follow-up.

Such friction induced bumps can be caused due to rough wiping,straining during bowel movement,irritation from tight fitted clothes.

Anal warts can be associated with HPV infection, the sexually transmitted disease (STD).The estimated incubation period from HPV infection to anal wart development is 2 weeks to 8 months.

Hope this helps.

Just had HPV test in July and it was negative. Like it's not that close to my anus how could it be from wiping? So it could be rubbing up against me if I'm wearing like jeans that are too tight or something? But it's not a life-threatening disease?
Can i use povidone iodine?

Yes,it's not life threatening.

And you can use povidone iodine and OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream and Bacitracin ointment.

Try other self care measures also.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Dr.Anil

it's life threatening? I've had them before is this normal or unusual?

These can be recurrent due to friction from rubbing.

You should wear cotton undergarments.

Also use moist toilet paper to wipe.

Avoid excessive moisture.

It's not life threatening at all.

I wish for your good health.
Please do not forget to leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars if you are satisfied with our conversation. Bonus is highly appreciated.
We can continue our conversation even after you provide rating.

Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

I do wear cotton undergarments so I'm not understanding why I'm getting this friction is it because of like the tight jeans? Cuz everything else I where is loose fitting. Is it abnormal to get these more than once?
I worry about hiv and I go online and read about rashes and stuff and it freaks me out. Would I have multiple symptoms and would i have multiple rashes?

Firstly I would assure you that chances of HIV are very less likely.

Secondly try such self care measures and if your symptoms'll persist then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

Hope this helps.

Would I have other symptoms if it was hiv? What symptoms would I have?
is it unusual to be getting these blisters more than once?

Yes,you could have symptoms like fever,sore throat,swollen lymph nodes,fatigue,weight loss with HIV.Chances of HIV are less if you don't have any symptoms.

If you have unprotected sex with unknown status of your partner then you can go for HIV testing only for a precautionary measure.

Yes,as they are recurrent so it's not consider normal.

Hope this helps.

I don't have any of those symptoms. So y am I getting these blisters ? Jane was the first time I've ever gotten them and now I'm getting them again . It gets hot here too. Let me ask you something if someone is going in to get their testosterone checked do they also get like everything checked like get all their blood work checked and checked for everything?
I mesny june
I meant June

Yes,hot weather,moisture can be contributing factors.

You should use clean the area with DIAL soap and use OTC Abzorb powder afterwards.

You need to mention complete health blood panel to include all blood tests.

Hope this helps.

Ok ty I'm sorry one last thing I have been dealing with this burning sensation in my vagina off and on for a month no itching no discharge or anything like that they said I probably have a UTI and they gave me three days of Ciproflaxin it didn't go away I went to my doctor she gave me another 3 days of the same thing and it hasn't gone away I am now dealing with not only the burning feeling but also some pain in my abdomen when I tried to pee feels like my bladder is full but if I go to pee only drops come out is that a bladder infection?

In my opinion,you need to undergo Postvoid residual volume (urodynamic studies) and Abdominal-pelvic scan

Postvoid residual volume is an important test and will help in measuring remaining residual volume of urine in bladder after urination. Scan is important to see if there is any element of obstruction there

It is advised to consult to get a referral to Urologist for further evaluation and management.

Start RepHresh Pro-B probiotic supplement that balances yeast and bacteria to maintain feminine health with just one capsule per day.

Hope this helps.
I hope this helps.

Does that have anything to do with hiv? Not a bladder or uti infection?

Chances are very less likely.

the feeling of fullness in my bladder and sometimes peeing only drops come out is not a bladder infection or UTI? My lower right back hurts too and I don't know if it's from my kidneys or from my bed

Your symptoms are associated UTI however causative agent should be ruled out to eradicate infection.

So see your doctor again or get a referral to Urologist for further evaluation and management.

Is it possible to have a UTI off and on for a month if he don't get the right treatment for it? Are you trying to say you could be something bad like cancer or something?

Yes.

This is not case of cancer.

Dr Anil Kumar
Oh ok. Thank you for answering all of my questions. I apologize. I am a worrier.

Kind Regards
Dr.Anil