OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter is 13 weeks pregnant and her and husband had…

My daughter is 13...

My daughter is 13 weeks pregnant and her and husband had intercourse last night and this evening she had a very small amount of blood in mucus

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

My daughter is 13 weeks pregnant and her and husband had intercourse last night and she just had a small small amount of blood in her mucus

8/23/2017
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

If this was just a small amount of blood with mucous with no cramping or abdominal pain there is nothing much to worry about as it is mostly blood from tender cervix but she needs to take rest and avoid intercourse for some days. If bleeding increases or continues it is always better to get it checked by the gynecologist to be on safe side.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor