Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn
88055251

My period is due on Wednesday but I've been kind of spotting

Hi my period is due on Wednesday but I've been kind of spotting since Sunday.. but this afternoon I passed 2 clots. This has never happened to me before. I took a pregnancy test it came up negitive. I have my tubes tied but I just don't understand why this is happening and I'm a little freaked.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

any changes in your health otherwise Stephanie?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Any thoughts on what could be the issue?
Hi and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. You're not pregnant which is not surprising since you've had your tubes tied. It's also not surprising that you have some late cycle spotting and clots. It's most likely some dysfunction in your normal pattern that will correct itself. If you continue to have unpredictable episodes you would need to consult a gynecologist for at least an ultrasound study of your pelvic organs. I hope my answer is satisfactory and you can rate that satisfaction.
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience: 40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn