OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I'm 8 weeks pregnant I ordered The mtp kit but don't know…

Hi Dr I'm 8 weeks...
Hi Dr I'm 8 weeks pregnant I ordered The mtp kit but don't know how to use it pls help me thanx.
8/21/2017
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you are planning to end your pregnancy?

A MTP kit contains one tablet of 200 mg Mifepristone and four tablet of 200mcg Misoprostone.

Day1. One tablet of Mifepristone to be taken orally, (and after 2 days),

Day3. Four tabletof Misoprostone to be inserted vaginally. (Follow up after 10 days)

Day14. Folow-up visit to the dostor’s clinic. To be sure the abortion is complete, it is important to have checkup about2 weeks.

I have to take 4 tablets of misoprostone together can I take it orally.
I order 2 kits of mtp so... How should I take that.?

why do you need 2 kits of mtp?

you only need one

Step 1: Swallow the Mifepristone pill with water. Note: If you vomit within the first 30 minutes after taking Mifepristone, you must take it again. If you do not have access to another Mifepristone pill, it is important that you do the entire procedure for Misoprostol only. Click here for those instructions.

Step 2: Wait between 24 – 48 hours after taking Mifepristone

Step 3: Take 800mg of Ibuprofen 30 minutes before you use Misoprostol. This step is highly recommended in order to decrease the pain you will experience from cramping. Do not wait to take it until you start feeling pain as Ibuprofen works better when used before the pain starts. This will also help you to be more comfortable and relaxed.

Step 4: Place 4 Misoprostol pills underneath your tongue (sublingually). It is very important that the pills remain underneath your tongue for 30 minutes. During these 30 minutes the medication is absorbing itself into your system. After 30 minutes you may drink water to wash down what remains in your mouth. Note: If you vomit within the first 30 minutes that the 4 pills of Misoprostol are in your mouth, you need to repeat step 4 again with the 4 extra pills. If you vomit after the first 30 minutes, you do not need to use an extra dose as the medicine has already absorbed itself into your system.

OK thanx Dr for ur help.

you are welcome

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Dr David
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor