OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Am concerned with uterus imaging I had performed due to

abdominal pain. I can provide...
Am concerned with uterus imaging I had performed due to abdominal pain. I can provide an image if someone can help?
8/20/2017
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you.

Please provide image/report.

Upper right corner of the transverse uterus. Looks like a black circle. I am concerned what that is?

This is the distal portion of your urinary bladder. It is normal.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

This is the portion I am concerned about not the urinary bladder.
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Hello and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your ultrasound. I'm Dr Ted Manos M.D., Board Certified obgyn who did thousands of transvaginal ultrasounds evaluating my female patients. The image you provided shows a normal size uterus and thin endometrial stripe indicating either at the end of a period or you are menopausal and your uterus is not primed by estrogen. Not knowing your age you could be on birth control pills. The darker spots on the upper right appears to be in the area of the cervix and are benign cysts if Naboth frequently seen on a scan. I do not see a reason for abdominal pain with the image you provided. Of course, I would know more about the pelvic area if I had done the transvaginal ultrasound study. You may rate your satisfaction with my response. Thanks again for using Justanswer.
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
I received further images to this study today
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Your abdominal ultrasound doesn't explain your symptoms. Nothing obvious. Your doctor needs to help you figure out what's going on.
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN