OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I took the plan birth control pill yesterday and the took…

I took the plan b...
I took the plan b birth control pill yesterday and the took St. John's wort today. Will the St. John's wort interfere with the effectiveness of the pill?
8/14/2017

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

St John wort would not affect the efficacy of plan B pills.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Is there anything that will affect plan B after it is taken? Specifically is there a way to make the uterus more viable for implantation after taking plan B? I've had a change of mind and would not like for my uterine lining to thin out.

Unfortunately the answer is no.

Reverting the action of Plan B is not possible by any medication as they had already absorbed in blood.

It is privilege assisting you.