OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have had chronic yeast infections since my 4 brain

surgeries In 2007. At that time...
I have had chronic yeast infections since my 4 brain surgeries
In 2007. At that time I ended up getting MRSA
In my brain so was on a pic line for 6 months after my
MRSA was drained. The antibiotic I was on was Vancomycin
I had no sex drive, very fatigued & after several Dr.
Apts. w/ endocrinologists & gynecologist I was
Put on Thyroid medicine, testosterone cream apply
1/4 gram of .1% cream daily, progesterone 100mg capsule daily
& a .1mg estradiol patch on wed. Then Sunday.
I was told my issues were all caused from my
Hypothalamus being damaged from the MRSA.
I was told at 1 apt. W/ the gynecologist that after repeated
Yeast infections over at least 2 years being treated w
Nyastin & a Terconazole vaginal cream .4%, that it would treat it.
Frustrated I asked what is going on, is it any of my medications.
She did another culture this time over & above
Just yeast culture which was ureaplasma & mycoplasma
Bacteria. My husband refused to be checked by his Dr.
As he is a health professional. He followed my regimen of
Doxycycline for several days & be retested. I was tested
And it was gone, he was not. Guilt... he gets sensual massages
From Japanese & other certain massage therapists
I told the gynecologist this & she said that ureaplasma & mycoplasma
Are not STD's although whenever I look them up they fall under
The same paragraphs as Gonorea & Chlamidia
& STD's. I am frustrated. Get over it & anywhere from 1-2 weeks later it s back.
I just read that hormone imbalance can cause this
Problem. I don't want this issue the rest of my life. I am 53
Yrs. old can u help me please?
8/14/2017
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Have you been through menopause?
I do not know. I only assume because of my age. My origib

Ok no problem

keep in mind that menopause can cause disruption in hormones. This causes the vaginal moisture and PH level to change

bacteria can grow after that

My original surgery I was 43 & at that time I was not. They put me on these hormones & thyroid medicine after 1 year of my MRSA & saying my hormones were flatlined w/ blood tests so how would I know.
I have to meet people so be awhile before my next response. I apologize.

I see. I'm sorry you are having so many issues with this

I don't think it is an STI

What do u mean by STI? Also what do u think I should do next to figure this out? I want to get this issue under control.
I would like to finish this conversation further, my mother-in-law is in the hospital, pretty serious so had to go I apologize but need direction. Talk tomorrow, w/ u? Not sure how this works.

Sexually transmitted infection is what I mean. I don't think it is that.

I would recommend asking your OBGYN doctor for vaginal hormone assistance

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor