OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I few months ago while on my cycle left side of my vagina…

Customer Question
I few months ago while...
I few months ago while on my cycle left side of my vagina began to be sore and I would be only that side would burn. I stopped using tampoms cause I thought that was the problem. And then two months later I had sexual inter course and the same thing happened. No sore just irritated and burned on that side. The long before I had inter course andnothing happened .what ever happens only happens when there is some sort of friction otherwise nothing happens..any idea what this is ? The first time it was red on the left side and I saw where the opening I look a like it was irritated
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/7/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Vakul Aren

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Have you discussed this with your Gynaecologist?This appears to be Vulvodynia or pain on the vulva.This can occur die to candida infection,vaginitis and bacterial vaginosis.Often the pain is associated with periods and menopause.This may also occur during sex or exercise,can be spasmodic or short lived,sharp and severe.You need a Gynaecological per vaginum examination to rule out any local problem.Use of TriCyclic Antidepressants(TCA) and anticonvulsants have a role to play as the cause is thought to be related to the nerves.Home remedies you can use would include - 1. Rinsing with cool water after urination and sex.2. Use of nonperfumed soaps/detergent and toilet paper,3. Use Plain cotton panties,4. Application of ice covered in a cloth,sitz bath with cold/warm water.5. Using a water soluble lubricant during sex,6.avoid foods that irritate the skin in the vulval area like chocolate,berries,beans and nuts.and lastly avoid exercise like cycling which put pressure on the area.Use of oestrogen gels may help.Your Gynaecologist will be able to help you further.