OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I had some on going glvagunal bleedong not much cramps at

Customer Question
all off and on for...
I had some on going glvagunal bleedong not much cramps at all off and on for a few months. Frequent urination especially at night. Low back ache but i also gained weight which I think is from when I quit smoking last year.!I had this abnormal bleeding last year as well! I went to dr and had a pelvic and pap done. Pelvic was said to be ok but pap came back with high risk hpv not sure of what numbers it would have been!I was told to get my immune system up and had a biopsy of my cervix which came back negative! Btw the bleeding stopped before my actual testing for all this as the dr had to put me on 10 days worth of hormones to stop this bleeding!
I then quit smoking and started a healthier lifestyle best I could. I knew a dr who was in a process of finding a cure to hpv both risks! I was one of his patients. I used his special medication! After around 6 months I was to go back to the obgyn for another test as I was high risk hpv. I had a at home test done however as I couldn't afford a dr then and the home test was less expensive and test came back negative for any hpv virus! So either I'm
Cured or it went dormant!So it's going on my one year to date of last check and I started having spotting and abnormal periods again. I then got concerned! I monitored this in my phone app for a few months as it was off and on bleeding but normal periods then in between spotting! I went and had a pelvic exam and was told I was fine to give my period or hormones time to re adjust itself that it was probably nothing!So i listened to her! Then I started to have a off and on again period that continued for over s month. I got concerned and found another dr to see!! The night before my actual paps and pelvic and woman's annual health exam my long period finally stopped on its own!!! I had clear discharge here and there but no blood or anything! I was thrilled! Mind you again u didn't have much cramps at all bare to none! I then go to dr had pelvic and paps. Now this dr says he felt a little inflammation on my righ side and assumed I had pcos!! And looked how my stomach hair grew and if I had any other symptoms he was going to start me on hormones that day! I said but I hear them hormones can cause breast C!He said their not drs and he knew what he was saying! So oddly enough when I showed my concern about wanting a ultrasound he agreed and set up a appt! I went to that and results were 13mm thickness of my endometrial stripe thickened!!! Otherwise entire ultrasound was unremarkable!!! Again no bleeding!!I then was told the dr now needed a biopsy of my edomtriel to see if there is any signs of cell changes or what have u!!! So he said he'd call me fri to call him back with the result but he never called and I'm to chicken to call him as I'm so
Scared this is the bad stuff!! So here it's the weekend and I need any advice!!! I am 39 I haven't had children some terminations.Also if my ultrasound was unremarkable other then the thickening does that mean if it were to be the bad stuff it's early enough? I'm confused scared and lost please help!!!!! Thx shar
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
8/6/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you don't have cancer at your age

your uterine stripe is thick because you haven't had a period in a while

you do need blood tests to check for blood testosterone (also called androgen ) levels which are high in patients who have polycystic ovarian syndrome.

this can be treated with medications like metformin and taking regular birth control pills.

birth control pills won't give you cancer.

I'm glad you quit smoking

you should continue to eating healthy and exercise and avoid alcohol

pcos can cause you to gain weight and have excessive hair growth on your body.

I bet your uterine biopsy was normal and didn't show uterine cancer.

let me know if you have questions.

Hi and ty. I did have a prolonged period that was off and on for approx 2 months. That's what sent me to dr. Then the night of my appt it literally stopped. I haven't bled on 2 weeks now. I was approx 1 week out from the biopsy. So the dr told me before the biopsy that I had pcos however after seeing my ultra sound and no cysts I was then told I didn't have pcos but that my edometriel stripe wasn13mm thick. So u recommend)

I recommend you get blood test to check your body's androgen levels and thyroid hormone levels.

you may need to see an endocrinologist to confirm for sure i you have pcos or not

it sounds like they didn't see any ovarian cysts which is fine.

you can have pcos without ovarian cysts.

Ty so if nothing was seen on ultrasound and then a biopsy is done can cancer be caught early since it is cell size or can a cell be considered malignant

yes, cancer can be caught early.

you don't have a uterine cancer

the biopsy would have found the cancer.

you don't have to worry about cancer

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Hi so my biopsy results never came in yet of my uterus however my Ultrasound results were uploaded. And I noticed it's different then what the drs asst told me on the phone!!!! Can I decipher what this means please?It says left ovarian cyst
It says upper endometrial stipe is normal 1.3cm
It says otherwise Ultrasound was unremarkable!Now I was told my endometrial stripe was thickend at 13mm and the dr needed that biopsy and still no results on that! But now I see this new upload of the ultrasound here and I was never told I had a cyst! I was told my ultrasound was entirely unremarkable other then the uterine thickened and I needed that biopsy!!! What does this all mean please and thanks I'll get to sending that to u asap!!! Can u please tell me what all this means now should I have that cyst removed???

I told you your biopsy would come back normal

and the biopsy would not show cancer.

ovarian cysts are very normal and common and not a sign of cancer.

you don't have to worry.

Ok ty again now the dr calls saying I have to go in to talk to him about my results he won't tell me over phone I'm scared

you don't have to be scared.

Dr David
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor