OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I am 5 weeks pregnant by my calculations. I had an HCG test…

Customer Question
I am 5 weeks pregnant...
I am 5 weeks pregnant by my calculations. I had an HCG test (by my request for the military to prove pregnancy for a profile). At 4 weeks 6 days it was 202 when I got it tested at 4 pm. I tested today at 5 weeks at 8:00 am and it had only risen to 260. Is this okay? I know it wasn't a full 48 hours, and I have had no cramping or spotting.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: OB GYN
8/5/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

yes, it is ok rise up to 260.

you have to give yourself more time and more blood tests

are you worried about miscarriage? have you had one before?

I am a little neurotic I guess and worry about everything. This is my first pregnancy, I have never had a miscarriage or any history of fertility problems

I see

don't worry

just follow up with your gyn doctor

you most likely don't need all of these blood tests at the beginning of your pregnancy.

when do you see your gyn doctor?

I don't have my first pre-natal appt until September 19th.

I see.

that is about a month away.

you can take regular over the counter women's vitamins for now

you don't need more bHCG blood tests.

this is a level indicative of a healthy pregnancy? Even though it did not double?

yes, you are in the normal range for bCHG

and it is moving upwards.

http://americanpregnancy.org/while-pregnant/hcg-levels/

don't worry, your pregnancy will be fine.

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr David
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor