OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a brownish grey hard piece of something in my vagina.

Customer Question
It's attached so I can't...
I have a brownish grey hard piece of something in my vagina. It's attached so I can't pull it out. There's a little room to the front of it and in the back of it is my vaginal canal. I am mortified. What could this be? I have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow, but I am freaking out.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/3/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Chip, General practice replied 9 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General practice

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Is this at all tender?

No. It's firm but appears to be pliable. I pulled a tiny piece of it off. I have a picture too

Please let me see your photo

It's graphic. Uploading now. I zoomed in. And it's definitely not an old tampon

OK

I added it
Hello? Are you still there?
Sorry, i realized i had not actually sent the picture until just now

Got it--thanks

How long has it been there?

I'm not sure. I was sexually inactive for about 8 years until recently. I began agaim about a month ago. Just noticed it yesterday. Maybe its a tissue growth or something?

OK

It doesn't look like any kind of cancer

It looks like a hypertrophy of your vaginal wall and likely it's a benign cystic type of lesion

Nothing too serious but most likely it'll require surgery to remove

Please let me know if you need any more information

Okay, i will research this more. Thanks so much!!

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General practice