OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

A question for dr. David

Customer Question
A question for dr. David
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
8/2/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

what is your question?

Hey I have talked to you before but just wanted to check back in with you.
Unprotected sex on June 27th. Plan b approx. 1 hour later. Period that last 5-7 days 3 days after. Took pregnancy tests on days 14,22,30,32, and 36 after sex. All negative. Having some early pregnancy symptoms like nausea, bloating, tiredness, maybe a slight fever sometimes, hands Start shaking. She has not been eating/drinking much at all for the past week. Eating makes her feel nauseous. All of these symptoms have been coming and going for the past few days. Can my girlfriend be pregnant?

no, she is not pregnant.

Ok. You still think this Even tho she is having a lot of early pregnancy symptoms?? Also, today is day 33 of her cycle. Last month she had a 35 day cycle but she is irregular. She hasn't had any signs of her period coming yet

we don't use symptoms to tell if someone is pregnant or not.

we use blood tests.

she had one cycle already

she will get another period soon

she is not pregnant.

Ok. This is the reason I am still worried tho

stop reading these stores. they can be fake.

have your partner get blood tests for pregnancy.

I bet she is not pregnant.

Ok. What would you say her chance of pregnancy is

0.01% chance

Ok. I just don't think she will get a blood test done even tho I want her to

that is something you two have to discuss.

I don't think she is pregnant.

you have to stop reading these message boards. they are not helping you

and only worsening your anxiety and worry.

She is at the doctor right now with her mom. I don't think she is even going to tell the doctor that their is a chance that she could be pregnant!!!!

she took plan B

she had a prior period

there is really not a chance she could be pregnant

she most likely will get her second period in the next few days

it seems like you are the only one worried that she is pregnant.

I am. She isn't worried. But I don't understand why she isn't. She has a lot of early pregnancy symptoms and no sign of her period. No illness would make her feel like this. At least not one that i am aware of

nausea can be caused by excessive stomach acid, poor diet.

bloating can be from salt intake, hormone changes in her body from monthly hormone cycle

fatigue can be from lack of sleep, lack of exercise.

This morning she woke up really early because her heart was racing because of a dad dream she said. Then her heart rate dropped to like 35
ok thanks

that is not a sign of pregnancy.

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Is it possible that hcg levels could be too high and cause the home test to be negative?

no, that is not possible.

Ok.. she just now told me that she has had cramps all week which isn't a good sign because they are supposed to start 1-2 before the period starts

these still can be pre period cramps.

you are not thinking clearly about this

your anxiety symptoms are getting the better of you.

she is not pregnant.

Ok I am trying not to
She ended up telling the doctor about pregnancy scare. She did a test there. It was negative. Doctor said that it sounds like she has some kind of virus. Gave her some stomach medicine and said that if it doesn't go away then she has to come back and get blood work done

see. she is not pregnant

please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

But why is she going to have blood work done? Are they going to check for pregnancy

I don't know why she doing to have blood work done.

you said "She did a test there. It was negative"

Ok so more than likely she is getting blood work to look for something else?

I don't know why she had blood work.

Ok. But if she has had 6 negative pregnancy tests at days 14,22,30,32,36, and 37 after sex then it is impossible for her to be pregnant? Right?

I have told you already she is not pregnant.

she had more testing with her doctor today

that showed that she is not pregnant.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Hey, are you still there?

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Can I ask you one more question before you leave? I will rate you afterwards because it says rate to finish

what question do you have?

today makes day 40 since the start of her period after she took plan b. Still no period. Today makes her 5 days late. She has been sick for almost two weeks now, mainly just feeling nauseous. She has not been eating much. I know you have told me that she isn't pregnant and I am trying to convince myself that, but the fact that she has been nauseous for the past two weeks and still hasn't gotten her period is freaking me out. Could the 6 home pregnancy tests that she took have been wrong?

no, they would not be wrong

she is not pregnant.

something else is causing the nausea.

Ok. Thank you so much for responding. If her period ends up not coming this month will you change your mind about her not being pregnant?

no, she is not pregnant.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

If I rate you will I not be able to talk to you anymore?

you can always start a new question after you rate me on this one for the help I have given you on this question.

She is now 9 days late for her period. On cycle day 44... :(
Dr David
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor