OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

If you get a period on your placebo pills on time and lasts…

Customer Question
If you get a period...
If you get a period on your placebo pills on time and lasts normally 3 weeks after sex does that mean you're not pregnant?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: OB GYN
7/31/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

For how long are you using pills?

Can you please name the pill.

Do you get periods after every 3 weeks?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

I've been on the pill junel fe 1.5/30 for 10 months now. And yes in the pack there are 3 rows of active pills and then a fourth week is placebo for my period

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

Well, The hormones in the pill thicken cervical mucus and prevent a woman’s ovaries from releasing an egg (ovulation).

It is very safe . The pill is one of the most effective means of preventing pregnancy.

The failure rate is between 1-8% per year.

Pill packages have "active" pills (with hormones) and placebo pills (no hormones).

Yes, Your menstrual period should occur during the placebo pills due to lack of hormones.

You are pretty safe, and not pregnancy.

Please be relaxed. It is normal to have periods while on placebo pills.

You should not panic at all. You would not get pregnancy.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

If you were pregnant would you still bleed!

If you had pregnancy than you would not bleed.

Also, i would make clear, that as you are taking birth control pills on regular basis, so you are pretty safe.

No need to get panic. You are completely safe.

God bless you and take care.

Don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Would having light diarrhea 20 minutes after taking pill affect it I was constipated the day before and took dulcolax 12 hours before my pill

Well, if you had had vomited within 2 hours after taking pill, or get severe diarrhea within 2 hours, than one should repeat the pill.

As you had a light diarrhea, so You should not worry at all.

You should be safe and would not get pregnancy.

God bless you and take care.

we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear,

If you are done,then please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Would that antibiotic nitrofurantoin for a uti interfere with the pills

Dear,

Well, as such use of antibiotic nitrofurantoin would not interfere with pill effectiveness.

No need to get panic, You should be safe and would not get pregnancy.

God bless you and take care.

we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor