OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Went to ER 7/13 for blood/clots in urine blood test done and…

Customer Question
Went to ER 7/13 for...
Went to ER 7/13 for blood/clots in urine blood test done and given antibiotics (I had no pain or symptoms like a uti) but was told to follow up with urologist. Saw urologist 7/24 for 2 mins all he did is listen to heart then told me to setup appt for cystoscopy and Ct/X-rays. Cystoscopy isn't until 8/10 and now it feels like something stuck or falling out of vagina and I'm in more pain now too. I'm 55 and had full hysterectomy in 1989. So not sure if I'm wasting my time with urologist or do I need to go see GYN instead?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: OB GYN
7/30/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Chip, General practice replied 6 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General practice

Hello I'm Dr Chip

It sounds to me like you may have a bladder prolapse problem and if I were your doctor I would have you see an URO/GYN--a gynecologist with further urological surgical training--to take care of this

I don't think the cystoscopy is essential right now

Please let me know if you need any more information

If this is bladder prolapse will it be detected in CT/KUB or cystoscopy? Because getting in to see uro/gyn would take weeks.

It could be detected with a ct scan and simply with a pelvic exam

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General practice