OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been struggling now for close to a year and I was…

Customer Question
Hi, I have been struggling...
Hi, I have been struggling now for close to a year and I was wondering if there is anything I could do that would help maybe long term. So I was diagnosed with herpes about 6 years ago. I haven't really been Sexually active until a year ago. Then i have had it constant (boyfriend) almost everyday. And I am experiencing problems . First off I feel like for the past 4 months I've almost had a constant yeast infection or a UTI... I just don't know what to do anymore... I've been the the doctor and got fluconaxole 150 mg on serverl serverl occasions. I've been tested for UTI but negative results... but it almost feels like that more than often..... I don't really have any discharge but I do have irritation, redness , stinging a lot especially during sex.... it becomes very dry and very painful. Like stinging or irritation. It's horrible I can't even have sex normally anymore...it always hurts! It doesn't really hurt when I owe but it feels uncomfortable like that UTI feeling and sometimes I do have spouts of owe that I have to push out and they kinda burn maybe a little but not really... then it goes away and then it comes back? I am taking a daily cranberry pill and proboctic... I thought I had a yeast infection again so I just did monstat 7 I'm on day 2 and I took the fluconaxole trying to get it knocked out, is that ok?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
7/29/2017
OB GYN Doctor: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 8 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Ok thank you let me know if you have anymore questions for me

I think you probably have interstitial cystitis

but can you tell me if you take any other meds?

Yrs sir I take citalopram 20mg and acyclovir 800mg daily. I have asthma so I also take symbicort and montelukast 10mg for that and buspirone 10mg as needed for anxiety. I am under intense stress last, lost job , move, etc... I also take a plethora of vitamins such as the two I told you, iron, a multi-vitamin, potassium, biotin, fish oil b-12, And vitamin c

I am quite sure you have interstitial cystitis

This is actually a syndrome of involuntary bladder spasm that feels just like a UTI with no signs of infection upon sampling

it is common in patients with stress and anxiety

The treatment is a drug called elavil

Ask your doctor for it

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Ok thank you, ***** ***** you think I have a yeast infection as well because it's itching and burning but I almost think it might be the monstat 7 I've taking 2 days of it can I stop or do I need to finish the 7days?

I would finish the 7 days just to be sure

There is no way to know without a test but I would go ahead and treat it for 7 days to rule it out

It won't harm you if there is no yeast there

Ok even though I took the 150mg of the fluconaxole as well? And I've stayed sexually active the whole-time trying to keep my boyfriend happy even though it's been hurting is that bad and as that continued to may because the problem and make it worse ?

Yes, you shouldn't continue sex if it hurts

that will just stop you from healing

Ok i kind of figured maybe that's why it hasn't healed, ok thank you for your answers I will rate you just one more question. Will it hurt me if I stop the 7day since I already took the fluconaxole I should be fine? And I have no insurance and no money right now do you have any suggestions or can a health dept. Help me on this?

No that will not hurt you at all to stop

I would try to see a urologist or OBGYN and just pay the office visit.

They will be the best equipped to help

or go to urgent care and tell them you have interstitial cystitis and ask for elavil

Ok thank you so much for your help. I feel a lot better feeling like I have some answers.

welcome :)

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor