OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Is it ok to have dental work done while trying to conceive?

Customer Question
I have a filling appt...
Is it ok to have dental work done while trying to conceive? I have a filling appt when I'd be 9dpo. Any risks?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: OB GYN
7/29/2017
OB GYN Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 9 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

The safest course of action is to postpone all unnecessary dental work until after birth.

Other wise, the second trimester is most ideal.

If you are in the first tirmester, wait if you can.

And of course make sure the dentist knows what is going on.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician