Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I MAY have been just exposed 12 hours ago to HIV.. I am

Customer Question

hello, I MAY have been just exposed 12 hours ago to HIV.. I am wondering about steps to take. I have heard of PEP but did not know if that is necessary at this point. I am gay and was the "top" if that matters. I believe the other man has an unknown status but i am worried. thanks!
JA: Have you noticed any recent changes to your skin? Do you have frequent infections?
Customer: no and no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: taking meds for BP am 64 years old exercis eand otherwise healthy.. tested neg 4 months ago
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 months ago.

You need to talk with your doctor immediately to resolve this.

The risk of anal sex varies based on insertive or receptive, and circumsized v. non circumsized.

Aare you circumsized?