OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have these purple bluish spots on outside of vagina

Customer Question
another dr said folliclitis but...
I have these purple bluish spots on outside of vagina another dr said folliclitis but treatment isn't doing anything! IT Looks vein related to me! Not sure! I 46 years old!
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/25/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 4 months ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Hi. Thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I'm Dr Ted Manos M.D., ObGyn. I can respond shortly.
Are these spots on the labia minora or majora. On the skin outside of the lining at the vaginal opening. It sounds like some veins that are normal with the progress of time.
Here are 2 pics
They certainly look like tiny veins called venules. I've seen these for many years and far from folliculitis. It's normal.
Is this something that happens with age because i didn't used to have them
Age is one factor and genetics another. You have to keep checking the area for more changes or overall skin texture.
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN