OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I had a Brazilian wax and she my labia minora on both sides.

Customer Question
Hi.. I had a Brazilian...
Hi.. I had a Brazilian wax and she burnt my labia minora on both sides. It's swollen and red and I have different discharge than usual. My vagina feels like it's bruised everywhere. Can you please help me. I don't know what to put on it or if I should go see my doctor!
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: OB GYN
7/24/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Basu, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Sorry to hear about that.
Burning causes inflammation of the labia tissue.
And this likely led to the bacterial infection as the skin barrier is damaged from outside environment.
You should apply ice pack liberally to reduce inflammation.
And you should see your doctor for antibiotic prescription.
Topical metronidazole gel can be used for example daily for a week.
You should not neglect the problem as the infection can spread without proper treatment.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-basu/

Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor