OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been consistent in taking my new birth control pill…

I have been consistent in...
I have been consistent in taking my new birth control pill at the same time everyday . On the 7th day I had protected sex w my partner and we didn't encounter and issues with breaking condom. This morning I am having spotting and cramping . I start my placebo pills tonight . Is this normal? Is pregnancy possible ?
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/16/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Since how long are you taking this new birth control pill?

When did you have your last period?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is my first pack of this new pill , I wasn't previously on a birth control before starting . I started my last cycle 5/24/17 and began taking the pill 5/25/17. I had protected sex 7/1/17 with a male condom as well as consistent use of the pill , I have not had sex since that date

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

No,there is very slim chance (almost nil) possibility of pregnancy here.

You were taking your new birth control pill regularly at the same time everyday. Your sex was protected & the condom was intact.

When starting birth control pills, it will usually take 5-10 days for the pill to become effective at preventing pregnancy.

The spotting & cramping you are having can be due to mild hormonal changes because of your new pills.This is normal.as you will start placebo pills tonight,you will have now your breakthrough bleeding/menstrual period.

So there is nothing to worry.It is absolutely normal.

Nothing of concern here.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

So the chances of pregnancy here are nil.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you so much for that reassurance , I have tried to b very by the book with starting this and making sure I take proper precautions , your response was very helpful

Dear customer

Yes,although you have taken proper precautions earlier also (by using condom). And by now your pills are also completely effective.

So nothing to worry.

Thank you for the words of appreciation & for using just answer website.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor