Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

Please help, my vulva is covered with what looks like

Customer Question

Please help, my vulva is covered with what looks like vestibular papillae, but I'm not sure and I'm not gonna be able to go to an OBGYN any time soon, what should I do? It's covering my vulva, could this be HPV?
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 10 days ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry that you have concerns about HPV.

Please attach pictures.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Here is a photo
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I do feel slight itching and discomfort but I'm also very anxious about what it could be
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 10 days ago.

Your picture does look like venereal warts (HPV). All of the topical medications require a prescription. There are also procedures that can remove them, but these also require a physician. Since you can't get to a GYN, may I suggest you go to an Urgent Care Center for treatment or a prescription that you can apply yourself. Sometimes your body will clear the virus/lesions but it will take time, possibly months. I'm sorry I can't give you any over the counter treatments, but there are none that work.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
But I don't know if it really is hpv I've only been in relationships and involved with 2 women and got my vaccine when I was younger. I thought it looked more like papillae
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Here's another photo
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 10 days ago.

They may be papillae or an outbreak of HPV. This is why I am suggesting you get evaluated by a physician. Venereal warts can start out in this manner.