OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Can a 1st response home pregnancy test detect pregnancy if…

Customer Question
Can a 1st response home...
Can a 1st response home pregnancy test detect pregnancy if urine is diluted after 1 month of unprotected sex ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
7/5/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

No its less likely as its recommended to be done on first void morning urine which is the most concentrated .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had unprotected sex on june 24 and i tested on july 4 and it was negative then i got my period on july 8 and again on july 21 and i tested that day and i got negative and on july 26th i also tested i got also negative pregnancy. Also i have an irregular period
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could all these results be false negatives

You are not pregnant then. Repeated pregnancy tests with no missed menstrual periods , its unlikely that the tests were false negative.

Hope it was helpful.

Feel free to ask any more queries.

Please reward a 5 stars rating if you are satisfied.

You can always opt-out if you need a second opinion.

Please avoid leaving a low rating as it hurts an expert's standing