OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

A person got pregnant through ivf. The uterus lining was

only 4 mm thick. Now...
A person got pregnant through ivf. The uterus lining was only 4 mm thick. Now it is end of 1st trimester and no complications. Because of thin uterus lining -- does it mean that a possibility of c section is greatly increased to prevent rupture of the uterus during delivrry?
7/1/2017
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service.
No it does not. The uterine lining, or the endometrium is a transient layer. It is thicker or thinner as the cycle changes. It has nothing to do with the muscular layer or wall of the uterus. So the fact that the lining was thin does not mean the uterus is thin at all.
What cycle are referring to?
The patient uterine lining thickness was measured multiple times shortly before ivf and it was always measured from 4.0 to 4.5 mm at different time during several cycles.She was told that it was actually very unusual that she was able to get pregnant. Can your conclusion be somewhat different based on this info as far as c section is concerned?
Its not unusual at all. And endometrial thickness has nothing at all to do with risk of uterine rupture. Myometrial thickness affects risk of rupture.
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Dr. K.
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD