Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor
Experience:  MD
23744323

What causes vaginal vault inflamation after total

What causes vaginal vault inflamation after total hysterectomy?

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Usually bacterial infection.
Normal vaginal flora or even bacteria like E coli, streptococci can cause infection of vaginal vault.
What symptoms you are experiencing?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have been having yellowish thick discharge not that smelly and a little bit of itch on and off.

Ok that is yeast infection. Can be caused by the growth of yeast in the vaginal vault due to the change in pH.
You can try antifungal vaginal treatment like Clotrimazole 2% 3 day as initial option.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Antifungal vaginal cause brownish discharge so i dont want to use it. I have taken Itracozole which helped for a while but it came after a few months.

Yes you can use oral anti fungal like fluconazole or itraconazole.
The infection can recur due to the estrogen deficiency increasing the risk of fungal infection.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
One doctor told me that hormone toblets can cause bleeding even after hysterectomy is it true ? I'm nervous to take it because of that.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
After the operation which almost one yesr ago i had mild bleeding for 2 months and after that yellowish discharge till now and am afraid of sex which may cause bleeding again . Its very alarming please help.

You can use topical vaginal cream of estrogen without problem.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please tell me the name of vaginal estrogen cream.

Premarin, Vagifem, Estrace are such examples.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can hormone tablet cause bleeding after hysterectomy ?

Not usually.
Mild bleeding may be experienced from vaginal lining but that is not significant usually.