OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My bf noticed a "rubber" like smell from my vagina recently…

Hi my bf noticed...

Hi my bf noticed a "rubber" like smell from my vagina recently and i'm not sure what it could be

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

Health isn't great, i suffer from crohns, colitis, i know i have a uti right now....i think its been for a couple months, the smell

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I didn't have a period for YEARS...now i seem to all of a sudden be getting one for a cpl days. i also have hypothyroidism ok

6/27/2017
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you could have bacterial imbalance in your vagina possibly

most common vaginal infections are vaginal fungal infections or bacterial vaginosis infections.

when was your last gyn examination. a gyn examination and vaginal culture is the best way to know what type of infection you have if you have one

how old are you?

Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
I'm 33, last PAP was FOREVER ago.....I know I need to go...but I'm really worried about this smell and also me all of a sudden getting a period (VERY light) again
Phone call session started
Dr David
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor