Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .
6740150

I have been on period over a week and bleeding really heavy

Customer Question

i have been on period over a week and bleeding really heavy and have tried ibuprofen and it hasnt let up. What can i do to slow it down
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: Well i havent had a full period in like 10 months till now and im not in no pain
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age?

Are you taking any pills?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The heavy periods you are having can be due to various causes.Most common of them are:cervical or endometrial polyps,pelvic inflammatory disease (PID),Endometrial hyperplasia,Abnormal thyroid or pituitary function,Use of an intrauterine device (IUD) for birth control,Stress, change in diet or exercise routine.

Another common cause is dysfunctional uterine bleeding (DUB). This refers to heavy bleeding with no apparent explanation.

Ibuprofen is a NSAID (apin killer). The ibuprofen you took has no role to slow down or stop this bleeding.

You need Pap smear,endometrial biopsy,pelvic ultrasound,a complete physical, including evaluations of thyroid function.. A pelvic exam is critical to rule out any uterine abnormality, a cervical polyp or fibroid, or a uterine infection.

So I advice you to consult your gynecologist for the clinical examination to find out the root cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer

If you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going. Is your heavy bleeding controlled now?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh