OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

On the left side of my vagina I have a small purple spot,

Customer Question
On the left side...

On the left side of my vagina I have a small purple spot

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

Fine really had a sore throat last week so I'm worried about herpes but it isn't sore and it doesn't look like a herpes sore

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have only noticed it today

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
6/13/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Exactly where is the spot on the lips(labia) / vagina and is it tender?

How big is it?Did it become evident after a severe episode of scratching?

Is it still itching and do you have any vaginal discharge?

Have you recently used any different product either undergarments or deodorants?