OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My vagina has almost a musky smell and is really the only…

Customer Question
My vagina has almost...

My vagina has almost a musky smell and is really the only thing wrong. i shower every other day and always wear clean pants. there is no itching or inflammation. what could it be?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

For maybe 3 days now and i'm actually coming down from a cold. but before this cold, i haven't been sick in a very long time.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. i haven't had any surgeries or anything like that

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
6/12/2017
OB GYN Doctor: medicaldoctor, Doctor replied 1 year ago
medicaldoctor

hello and welcome to just answer

I will be consulting you today

so foul smell is typically seen in case of infections.There can be a discharge but infection are also seen with minimal discharge or even no discharge...

you should consult your doctor and he/she should consider swab and culture of vagina

you might be needing antibiotics for this

if you have any queries please feel free to ask,i will be glad to answer

Infections of the genital tract can be symptomatic or asymptomatic, you would not be having any itching, irritation, burning and bacteria or other organism can still be present in a carrier state and can later produce symptoms.But even in carrier state infection needs to be treated other wise it can spread to the partner as well

Most common cause of foul smell is an overgrowth of anaerobic bacteria that are normally present in vaginal flora, their overgrowth causes a condition called Bacterial Vaginosis,its not an STD but its risk increase in sexaully active females...

for exact diagnosis culture of vaginal swab is required and with treatment the infection can be eradicated ..

kindly do consider positive ratings for this consultation,rating icon is on top left of the chat please do not forget to rate.

if you have any queries feel free to ask i will be happy to answer

thank you

Regards MD

Dear customer kindly do consider positive ratings as this is the only way I can be credited for this consultation.

If you have any queries feel free to ask,i will be glad to answer

Thank you.

Dear customer,if you have any queries feel free to ask,I will be glad to answer.

kindly consider rating this consultation positively,rating icon is on the top left top the chat,you can simply rate me by clicking on the stars.

Thank you

Regards MD