DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Internist trained in OB/GYN
55099014

I have a question. I am itching really bad...have a yellow

Customer Question

I have a question. I am itching really bad...have a yellow think discharge and very swelled labia. What cant that Be? I have ben on my bike over 40 miles this weekend and very sore in my vaginal area anyways from that but last night while having sex, I was very itchy at first.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: nothing as of yet
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have a new partner but I was tested after we got together. I have no other health issues. Just wondering if you can tell me if you think it could be trich? No odor at all
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 5 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Yes, it could be trich for sure

was your partner tested?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He had been in the past. I have an apt tomorrow but was wondering could I have something else going on caused by sweating on my bike ride for over 5 hours each day?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The discharge is thick, not frothy at all. but I am very swelled in the labia area as well.

Yes, it could simply be a bacterial infection of the vagina

That does happen

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
does it always have to be frothy with an odor to be trich?

Not always.

No

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How can my doctor test me for that? Is it a simple testing?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you get trich without having sex? As in like I was saying about the bike sweating and issues of holding my bladder too long during the ride?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Does yellow discharge always mean trich?

no you can only get it with sex

no yellow doesn't always mean trich

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What do I need to tell my doctor to check for tomorrow since its just a nurse practitioner..my ob doctor can't get me in til a while later in? She may not be able to check things the way my ob doctor can? Any suggestions as to what the problem could be if he's clean and I'm clean..but have an odorless yellow thick discharge and swelled labia and itchy?