How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Norm S. Your Own Question
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 11252
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. Norm S. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to seek a gynecolgist, Reg my, Pregnancy, Yes

Customer Question

I would like to seek a gynecolgist
JA: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?
Customer: Reg my
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Pregnancy
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: Yes
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is rema here from India
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yesterday my friend gave me mifeprestone tablet for a paracetamol by mistake i would really like to continue this pregnancy
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please help
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 5 months ago.

Hello Rema,

How far pregnant are you?

Have you had any cramps or bleeding? Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Dr 1 month 16 days my friend accidently gave me mifeprestone 200mg instead of a paracetamol i took it along with milk a capsule yesterday i travelled during the night i had cramps and nausea my abdomen started to tickle inside as i really wanted to continue this pregnancy
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have no one my husband left me with a another women i have no parents i have no one my child of him is my only relief to ease my pain so kindly help me to counter react this meds i took
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 5 months ago.

I'm afraid there is no way to counteract the medication, since you took it yesterday and it has already been absorbed into your system.

However, mifepristone alone is not as effective in inducing abortion as when used with misoprostol. Mifepristone alone will cause abortion 60-85% of the time. If it doesn't, then the baby is usually normal.

I think that all you can do is wait to see whether you develop bleeding and miscarry. If you don't miscarry within a week, then I would try to get an ultrasound to evaluate the pregnancy.

We can't be completely certain, but there doesn't seem to be a significantly higher chance of birth defects when a pregnancy continues after mifepristone.

I'm sorry there is no way to reverse the pill, but your pregnancy may still continue completely normally. Best wishes.