Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S. with more than six years of experience in the field of Medical practice
14180959

I'm wondering if it's safe to use colloidal silver vaginally

Customer Question

Hi, I'm wondering if it's safe to use colloidal silver vaginally during pregnancy?
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.
Customer: For a vaginal yeast infection.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?
Customer: Im 11 weeks
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer,

You should not take colloidal silver vaginally during pregnancy as it is likely unsafe as increased silver levels in pregnant women have been linked to abnormal development of the ear, face, and neck in their babies.

It can also lead to silver accumulation in the body, which can lead to an irreversible bluish skin discoloration known as argyria. Silver can also be deposited in vital organs, where it does serious damage.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Thank you