Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I have always been very irregular. Felt like I always had my

Customer Question

I have always been very irregular. Felt like I always had my period and they were heavy.
On March 27th I had unprotected sex & then on March 29th got my heavy flow period.
lasted until about April 10th. I took a pregnancy test on May 7th and I am pregnant is it possible I got pregnant that time?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
April 1st I started taking a medication called ovasitol that my gyno recommended for my irregular periods.
April 10 my period was gone. So from March 27 to April 10 i had my period . April 10th it was gone and May 7th found out I was pregnant. I think it might have happened the week of April 10th. Impossible to get pregnant after your period especially if it was for so long and heavy flow , right?
Expert:  Dr David replied 5 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr David replied 5 months ago.

yes, it is possible to get pregnant right after your period, if you had a long period which almost last up until you ovulate.

you should see your gyn doctor and get an ultasound scan of your abdomen and pelvis

to see how large the fetus may be.

this can help time when you are due and when you likely conceived your baby as well

let me know if you have questions.