Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I wanted to know if I can get pregnant after having the

Customer Question

I wanted to know if I can get pregnant after having the abrasion surgery because I really want another baby
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No just that I had heavy bleeding the reason I got the surgery
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your situation. If you are talking about ENDOMETRIAL ABLATION SURGERY, which involves burning the lining of the uterus to stop bleeding due to any cause, then unfortunately pregnancy is not likely after the procedure. but it can happen. If it does, the risk of miscarriage and other problems are greatly increased.

So basically getting pregnant after ablation procedures of this sort is very unlikely however IF it does happen then the risk of losing the pregnancy or developing complications during the pregnancy are MARKEDLY higher than a normal pregnancy, so that is why it is NOT advisable to try and get pregnant after this procedure.

If you did NOT have this procedure and instead had another one then let me know and i will be happy to answer questions regarding that as well.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/