OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I return from month trip. Notice discomfort iching in

Customer Question
I return from month long...
I return from month long trip. Notice discomfort iching in genitals. Didn't pay attention . Last 3 days notice discharge , intense burning especially while urinating. Just look on mirror I was shock with intense redness like skin burn. Here is midnight can't wait to go to doctor in the morning. Discharge is yellow- light green. Didn't have sex .
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: Worse. I notice intensity for 3 days and slight during trip maybe couple weeks
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm 60. When I was young had different infection as result of sex. Didn't have any problem for years
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: OB GYN
5/10/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. RK, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor

Dear customer,

As per the symptoms it seems that you are suffering from genital infection.The itching and yellowish green discharge is likely to be due to trichomoniasis.The treatment is metronidazole or tinidazole for a few days.You should have the smear and culture examination done to know the causative organism.

The symptoms may appear late as well since the organism may be in the dormant state not causing any symptoms.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Thank you

Dr.  RK
Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor