Doctor
Doctor, Doctor
Experience:  General Practitioner 18 years with vast OB/GYN experience
37289694

Just in case, english is not my native language, so I

Customer Question

Just in case, english is not my native language, so I apologize in advance for any grammatical errrors... 2 and a half months ago I carelessly cleaned myself with toilet paper a little too hard and felt like I scratched my right labia minora. Ever since then I've been having continuous itching in the vulvar region. The day after the incident I saw that I had like a little red bump on the border of the labia minora (it looked like a little zit). It hurt and felt a burning sensation when in contact with urine while peeing. Also, I used pantiliners and they seemed to scratch that area and cause more irritation so I stop using them except I would use pads when menstruating which also felt like it scratched the area. A month later, I saw that the zit-like little red bump on the border had disappeared but I had an "irritated rash like bump" on the inner side of the left labia minora near where the first bump was (maybe it was there before at the same time with the first one but I hadn't noticed). Still itches but there's no burning sensation when peeing but it stings if I touch it. For 3 weeks now I've been having white vaginal discharge with no foul odor. More info: I am 26 y/o female, haven't had sex in 4 months, I'm in a long distance relationship with a male partner and is the only sexual partner I've ever had. I am really worried and don't know what to do.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: 2 and a half months ago approximately
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am currently studying and is very stressful. I don't have any other medical condition nor am I allergic to anything in particular that I know of.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Doctor replied 4 months ago.

Hello

Welcome to JA

I am an Emergency Physician with over 25 years experience. I would like to ask you a few questions

Did you have fever in the fisrt few days? Did you have any swelling of your groin on the same side?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No fever or swelling. Although I'm overweight (5'9'', 190lbs), haven't notice swelling, but I also haven't felt any pain in the groin.
Expert:  Doctor replied 4 months ago.

The vaginal discharge, in addition to the length of time it has taken for this lesion, I would suggest that you go to your Primary physician to screen you for an STD as well as take a high vaginal swab of the discharge and culture it. Most STDs that leave rashes or bumps tend to have long as 90 days from exposure to show.

while I want to reassure you that it is BEST to think from a 'worst case senerio' standpoint, than to completely ignore the possibility and then regret it. This is the BEST and most objective advise I can give you as a physician who has YOUR BEST INTEREST as a consideration

If the STD screen for Syphylis, Chancroid are Herpes are negative, then the HVS culture result will show the BESt antibiotics to treat you.

DO NOT PANIC and there may not be any need to involve your patner at this time since he is away. UNTIL after the results

Thanks for making it JA. Please remember to RATE my answer and if there are any other clarifications let us know