OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have this thing on the inner part of the labia majora....

Hello JA: Hi. How can we...
Hello
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I have this thing on the inner part of the labia majora.... I've never had it before
JA: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?
Customer: Never had a Pap smear. Since I'm 20, they don't recommend one until I turn 21
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My family has a long history of cancers
5/9/2017
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Can you give more details like how does it feel like?

Can you upload photo here?

Does it itch or is painful?

Are you sexually active?

It was hurting, but it doesn't hurt much anymore. It's been almost a week. I am sexually active. It doesn't itch. It's like a ball shaped. And small, smaller than a pea almost.

Thanks for the reply.

It is most likely a swollen gland. These sebcaious glands are normally present there and sometimes there opening ducts get blocked causing them to swell into a pea sized bump. There is nothing much to worry about. It will get better on its own in couple of weeks. You can apply bacitracin ointment on it.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor