OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Am married for 4 months now, but when me and wife tries to…

HelloAm married for 4 months...
HelloAm married for 4 months now, but when me and wife tries to do intercourse she gets unbearable pain. We used lubricant, and ibuprofen but still she gets pain, buts sometimes it's very unbearable. Also she is a kind of afraid very much to the pain... will this affect the pain? How much pain the girls normally will have with first time sex.. we have never completed. Appreciate giving a solution please
Thanks
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/9/2017

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

I am writing you the answer. It may take 5 minutes.

Ok

Pain during intercourse is called as dyspareunia. The main causes are;

1) Inadequate lubrication

2) Deficiency of estrogen hormones; predisposes for inadequate lubrication

3) Urinary tract infection

4) Vulvovaginitis; various infections

5) Vestibulodynia

6) Retroverted or prolapsed uterus

There are host of other reasons too; infections, vaginal spasm and inadequate lubrication are one of the commonest out of them One of the main and important cause in women under the age of 40 is vulvar vestibulodynia / vulvodynia. Vulvar vestibulodynia can be treated, reduced or prevented with topical xylocaine application. It is available over the counter. You should discuss this possibility with your wife's gynecologist and then discuss various possibilities of the treatment as following (some combination can be determined for the first step of the treatment and if it is less effective, next treatment can be considered);

a) initial treatment of vulvodynia is amitriptyline, nortriptyline. Gabapentin or pregabalin may be considered as adjunctive therapy in addition to these medications.

b) Local provoked vulvodynia refractory to other treatments, surgical excision of the vestibule may be considered.

c) In vulvodynia and sex-related pain, pelvic floor muscle dysfunction should be evaluated and treated. Techniques to desensitize the pelvic floor muscles are very helpful. The treatment is following;

1) electrogalvanic stimulation,

2) biofeedback training,

3) digital massage of the levator ani muscles

4) sacral nerve stimulation

5) physical therapy for the pelvic floor muscles.

d) Acupuncture may be considered, which is helpful in a significant number of women.

e) For provoked vulvodynia (sexual pain), intralesional injections may be considered.

Please read these excellent authentic resources on painful intercourse (Dyspareunia);

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/painful-intercourse/DS01044

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/pain_during_intercourse/article_em.htm

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Does mastrubating will cause pain for girls?

Usually no. If it is causing pain, some of the above causes as above we had discussed, need to be explored.

Enough lubrication for girls is to be achieved before starting intercourse?

Yes, that definitely helps.

Ok, thanks for your answers, I will follow up with you if needed. Thank you

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Hello, We tried to do intercourse and it was a lot of pain and couldn't success, and i tried to do mastrubation for her and she felt great but she isn't reaching orgasm, before that she feels like to urinate or pee. Why does this happen?

Please open a new question (as you are on subscription) or accept the premium service.

i opened a new one

Okay.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor