Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have a question I think I might be over reacting from what

Customer Question

I have a question I think I might be over reacting from what I have read but in sure
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nooe
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 5 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

what is your question?

just click send to reply

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm a straight married male and about 5.5 weeks ago I went out with a buddy that is gay and is hiv positive, he has had it for about 10 years and is undetectable, so long story short we got intoxicated and I got a little curious so we started to mess around, he rimmed my *** for a little bitand gave me oral for a few min, I also gave him oral but it was protected with a condom. He also fingered my *** for a bit. We did French kiss for literally like 5 sec, I have been worried sick even since that night that I could have gotten hiv from this activity. I felt like I played it very safe that night but I'm still worried. We tried to have sex with him being th top he was not able to get hard due to all the alcohol and he was wearing a condom the whole time. So basically he gave me unprotected oral for a few min I gave him protected oral and we kissed and I was fingered am I safe to say I was not at risk? Also I had a small canker sore on my lip that almost healed. But there was never any Precum or semen in my mouth just his penis with a condom on. I have done a lot of research and most websites state that this was a no risk experience, I have been stressing out like crazy the last few weeks I did take a oraquick at home hiv test at 5 weeks which came out negative, I'm not sure if I should just put this behind me or continue to worry also he did not ejaculate at all that night
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 5 months ago.

Hello. This is Dr. Love. The system says that you have requested a new expert.

All of the current evidence supports that there is no significant risk associated with this interaction. The only penetrative sex that occurred during this encounter was oral sex, and he wore a condom when you gave him oral sex. Also, there is increasing evidence that someone with HIV and an undetectable viral load likely does not pose any significant risk. In the studies that have been done thus far, no HIV transmission has been documented in couples in which only one partner is HIV positive and is able to achieve an undetectable viral load. Although we would like to see more data that will accumulate over time, particularly with higher risk activities, such as anal sex, the current evidence is that achieving an undetectable viral load prevents HIV transmission.

Many doctors do not like to say that things "never" can happen, because it is very difficult to prove that a very low risk event (one in millions) cannot happen, but there is no identifiable risk from this encounter. So, there also is no reason for you to be concerned about this encounter and you can put it behind you.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.