OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have had chronic bacterial vaginosis for the last several…

I have had chronic bacterial...
I have had chronic bacterial vaginosis for the last several years. Its literally ruining my life. I have done so many rounds of antibiotics just for it to come back again. I've tried boric acid powder, tea tree oil, probiotic suppositories, Rephresh probiotics, Fem Dophilous probiotics, and the Rephresh gel, peroxide tampons. Nothing seems to work. I don't over wash/douche or use perfumed products either. And I've made changes to diet, and only have one sexual partner. All other STI tests are negative.
Nothing I've tried gets this to go away 100%.Any other suggestions? I'm beyond frustrated with this and just want to find something that will work so I can feel human again.
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/2/2017
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

what oral probiotics have you tried?

Rephresh Probiotics, Jarrow's FemDophilous, and Renew Life Forti-Flora for Women

I would go with saccharomyces boulardii

it is a special probiotic that will help you

is this helpful?

Is there a certain brand you would suggest?

anything that is USP certified

are you familiar with USP?

That I am not familiar with. Have you had good results with patients using that for recurring BV?

Yes, I have

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thank you Dr Phil, just one last question. Do you have a specific brand you have had sucess with?

Nope. Just anything that has a USP label on it.

Make sure it is "USP certified"

sorry, would you recommend continuing the FemDophilous as well with this one?

yes, I would

thank you!

welcome :)

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor